Sunday, December 13, 2009

Olympic Flame in Ottawa

I was at the Koreana Restaurant last night with my good friend Sue, and suddenly there was a big commotion outside with police and lights everywhere. We stepped out and saw the athletes for the winter Olympics going by on a specially decorated bus / truck ...

I stepped back in and Sue pointed out that the flame should be coming by so I ran back out just in time to capture a couple of images. I had the Panasonic ZS3 with me and it was not set up for the concert ... the shutter speeds were allowed to go too low, which shows up in these images.

Anyway ... I caught the flame approaching me, which is really cool as the runner has support from several others ... a vanguard I suppose ... by the way, the flame is a relay ... I have no idea who held it when I snapped these shots ...



I felt truly privileged to stand there while it went by ...

Then Sue and I had to get to the Rita MacNeil Christmas concert ... that was fun. They were heading directly towards the National Arts Center and the roads were blocked everywhere ...


We luckily snuck through with her little Echo just in time.

1 comment:

rocknroll said...

nice collections....