Monday, November 2, 2009

Fotolia Update

As some of you know, I have a few images up on Fotolia, a microstock site of some note. The average selling profit to me has been about a buck an image lately, and October was a banner month ... 17 sales for a total profit to me of $18.80. Yeah, I know, that's peanuts ... and does not even come close to covering the costs of the hobby itself.

My point, though, has always been that this is really on the strength of one series of images ... my pen and ink images, the best of which has 126 sales on its own ... the whole series of three images has a total of 165 sales over the last few years. Imagine how one could do with a few dozen heavy hitters ...

Anyway, after the success of October ... and considering that September was not too bad either ... I thought I might be undervaluing these images. So I doubled my prices across the board. And was surprised to get a sale today ... only the second day after the start of this experiment. Interesting ...

1 comment:

crazy football mom said...

Hmmm...tomorrow you could triple your prices, the next day quadruple...who knows??!! Hint: don't blog about it, people might catch on :-))