Friday, August 28, 2009

Jason and Bryanna at a Crombie McNeill Workshop at the Mill of Kintail

Bryanna and Jason (from Barrett Palmer Models, as usual) were the first models I was able to work with when we got started. We wandered to the back of the cloisters, where there was a trellis with room for two people to stand under. We shot some images in the natural light, but it was surprisingly dark in there so that we started playing with the reflectors.

If you read yesterday's blog entry, the one with Sam and Marcus, you will remember that I tend to forget to get head shots of the individual models. Well, someone else was controlling the models at first here and ... tada ... head shots of the models.



Then it was time for coupledom ... well, you know what I mean. Things started off with a very pretty image of them together ... Jason looks a little uncomfortable, but it almost works anyway. Bryanna's expression is perfect.


I asked her to step behind Jason and put her chin on his shoulder ... that gave us this lovely image.


His right eye is doing something weird there, but no matter what I tried in the liquify filter, it simply would not repair. Ah well ...

I believe at this point we asked Jason to go for more of a lusty look and he did a pretty good job here ...


At this point we walked around the corner to the cloisters, which was a stone hallway with a couple of small windows in the back and 5 lovely vine-encrusted archways in front. At one end was a hearth, in which I found an awesome wooden cross with a circle. I dragged that out for us to play with ... I love shooting with props.

At the other end was a stone doorway. which proved fruitful for framing the models (not my idea ... Kyle gets the credit for that one.)

I opened by asking Bryanna to lean against the cross. This turned out quite nicely.


She also leaned against the wall in the soft light and we filled with a couple of reflectors. Nice light.


The light was dim in there, so I shot some with the D70s as well (with the Nikon 50mm 1.8) and this one turned out very nicely.


I did another, which turned out to be prime for the vampire treatment. Click on it to open it up to 800 pixels and you will see the fangs. Very cool ...


But not as cool as this LeStat treatment of the next shot ... wow ...


The final shot of the series is a lovely close face shot of Bryanna ...


Awesome eyelashes ...

And that's it for Bryanna and Jason. Very nice work and I am so glad I got to shoot Bryanna this time. A great face for head shots and she works very well in a couple.

3 comments:

crazy football mom said...

Who the F is Anonymous & why they write this garbage? Good that they have balls to leave their real name. Good pics, Kim!

Kim Letkeman said...

Thanks Gaye ... don't worry about anonymous garbage like that comment ... I've wiped it out ... cowards like that don't get to stick around here. I have a few enemies on the Fuji Talk Forum who themselves have no skill or talent but make a lot of noise ... it was probably one of them.

crazy football mom said...

Hah! Take that, Fuji Talk Forum people!