Friday, July 3, 2009

iPhone-aholics Anonymous -- OS3 eats my battery again

Since upgrading to OS3, I've had nothing but problems with battery life. The same symptoms as before, although a wee bit less severe. Basically, out of battery by the end of the day, no matter what I do.

So I restored the software sometime yesterday early ... and this time it appears to be stable. We are past the 24 hours mark now and the battery indicator shows completely full!

The secret, it appears, is to keep restoring the software until the iPhone gives up its tantrum :-) ... actually, in this case I restored without recovering my settings, i.e. I told iTunes to set up as a new phone ... again.

This is a bit inconvenient, but it has helped. So it is worth it. We'll see though ... I think that last bout of the problem was touched off by a long phone call, so maybe the circuits have yet to be stimulated to eat their own children ...

I'm not all that impressed with the iPhone right now, but I still cannot think of a better phone or a better toy. Sheesh .... hello, my name is Kim, and I am an iPhone-aholic ....

No comments: