Monday, June 8, 2009

Lawren Harris

I was trying to settle a bet with my youngest that there was an Emily Carr painting that was reminiscent of Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night.


Well, it turns out I was wrong. I lose. I cannot find anything that she painted that resembles this image. If you know of one, please comment on this post with a reference. Thanks.

She did spend some time painting with the Group of Seven and it really shows in her work. For example:




While I was hunting, I stumbled on my favourite painter of all time, Lawren Harris of the Group of Seven. And remembered again one of my favourite images of his, Lake Superior, North Shore painted in 1926. I have a fairly big print of this hanging in my dining room ...

Rather nice, don't you think? His mountain images are also stunning ...

No comments: